- Collaboration for High Performance Schools (CHPS) - facilitates the design of high performance schools, learning environments that are energy efficient, healthy, comfortable, well lit, and contain the amenities needed for a quality education.
- Council of Educational Facilities Planners International (CEFPI) - offers research, information, training and networking opportunities for those involved in planning, designing, constructing, maintaining and equipping schools worldwide.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) - is part of the U.S. Green Building Council's program to promote cost effective design, construction and operation of buildings that are healthy places to live and work, environmentally responsible, and economically viable on a lifecycle basis.
- Arizona LEED
- Integrated Pest Management - is a safer, and usually less costly option for effective pest management in schools. An IPM program employs common sense strategies to reduce sources of food, water and shelter for pests in schools.
Arizona IPM looks specifically at Arizona IPM issues.
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Star for K - 12 School Districts - provides an in-depth look at energy usage in schools with tools to evaluate your schools performance and product information.
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy - highlights energy solutions for your building. Shows various methods schools can use to reduce energy usage and costs.
- EPA Healthy School Environment Resources - provides on-line resources to help facility managers, school administrators, architects, design engineers, school nurses, parents, teachers and staff address environmental health issues in schools.
- EPA's Healthy School Environment Assessment Tool - was
developed to help school districts evaluate their school facilities for key environmental, safety and health issues in an effort to promote the health and safety of children and staff in our nation's schools.
- Center for Green Schools - is a nonprofit community of members, chapters, advocates and practitioners that give voice to our commitment to improve human health, support economies and protect the environment through green buildings.
- U.S. Green Building Council - Arizona - focuses on holistically promoting healthy green schools. - See more at: http://www.usgbcaz.org/green-schools#sthash.Gsv7Z0BX.dpuf
EPA Region IX Grant
The ADEQ Pollution Prevention Unit was awarded a pollution prevention grant by EPA Region IX to implement an Environmentally Healthy School Technical Assistance Campaign for new schools.
Going Green? Awards Are Available